One of my favorite things to have for breakfast is a fruit and yogurt parfait. These Tropical Parfaits would be the perfect addition to your Christmas morning breakfast or if you keep things simple on Christmas morning, this would be perfect by itself. You can make individual servings or I recently saw an idea on The Daily Dish to make a big yogurt parfait in a large bowl like a trifle bowl. Then everyone can dish up from there. This would make the parfait even easier to put together.
You could also have a parfait bar with assorted fruits, yogurts, and different types of granola and cereals. So simple and delicious. What better way to brighten a cold Christmas morning than with a taste of the tropics. Today’s Tropical Parfaits recipe is one I adapted from my Oct/Nov issue of Taste of Home. It incorporates pina colada yogurt with pineapple, oranges, and raspberries.
Here are some other parfait ideas to inspire you along with some homemade granola recipes.Print
- 2 cups pina colada yogurt
- 1 cup granola ( without raisins)
- 1 (11 oz) can mandarin oranges, drained (or equal amount of fresh oranges may also be used)
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries (thawed frozen with work too if you can’t get fresh ones)
- Using four small glass cups, place 1/4 cup of yogurt in the bottom of each glass.
- Sprinkle 2 Tbsp of granola over the yogurt in each cup.
- With half of the fruit, divine among the four cups in layers starting with the pineapple followed by the oranges, then raspberries.
- Repeat layering as above with the remaining yogurt, granola, and fruit.
Example of the large parfait done in a trifle bowl. Photo from the Daily Dish.