Breakfast week continues with another yummy fruit and yogurt parfait. This recipe for Crunchy-Topped Strawberry-Kiwi Parfaits was one I found in a Betty Crocker coupon book. The fun thing with this one is you use Cheerios instead of granola, Banana Nut Cherrios to be exact. I have never tried the banana nut version but purchased some just to try this recipe.
Another fun thing about this Crunchy-Topped Strawberry-Kiwi Parfaits is you toast the cereal along with some almonds to bring out the flavor. I never would have thought to toast the cereal but let me tell you it works great. I loved this version. The whole combination of this recipe is delicious. Try to do the same thing with other flavors of Cheerios like multi grain, honey nut, or apple cinnamon.
- 2 cups Banana Nut Cheerios® cereal
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cups Yoplait® 99% Fat Free creamy vanilla (from 2-lb container)
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled, cut into chunks
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place cereal and almonds in ungreased 13×9-inch pan. Bake 6 to 10 minutes (mine were done at 3 minutes), stirring occasionally, until light brown. Cool about 5 minutes.
- In each of 4 parfait glasses, alternate layers of yogurt, strawberries, kiwifruit and toasted cereal and almond mixture. Serve immediately.