Memorial day is this Monday and I decided to make a patriotic twist on a classic dessert to celebrate. My family loves strawberry shortcake which is a tasty red and white dessert. So it was so easy to add in some blueberries to make it red, white, and blue patriotic shortcake parfaits.
This dessert is so easy. It uses purchased pound cake, Lucky Leaf strawberry or cherry pie filling, Lucky Leaf blueberry pie filling, and whipped cream. The hardest part of making this is making the whipped cream.
I love that Lucky Leaf pie filling is a quick and simple baking solution. I also love that their premium line contains no high-fructose corn syrup.
Then all of these fabulous ingredients get layered into some clear glasses, parfait style, giving you that beautiful patriotic red, white, and blue look. This would also be great to serve for the 4th of July.
One tip, the pound cake is much easier to cut into cubes if it is frozen first. You can get those perfect cubes with out smashing the cake.
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 loaf of pound cake, cut into ½ cubes
- 8 mason jars or 12–14 oz plastic cups
- 1 (21 oz) can Lucky Leaf strawberry or cherry pie filling
- 1 (21 oz ) can Lucky Leaf blueberry pie filling
- In a bowl, whip whipping cream to firm peaks. Then whip in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Place a layer of pound cake in the bottom of each cup followed by a layer of blueberry pie filling.
- Then add a layer of the whipped cream followed by a layer of strawberry or cherry pie filling.
- Follow with another layer of cake. serves 8.
Real Mom Kitchen original recipe.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. As always, my opinions are 100% my own.