Easter is just a few days away now and I am sure you are going to be hard boiling eggs soon. So once you have had your fun with all those hard boiled eggs on Easter, you need to do something with those eggs. So I have compiled a list of recipe for you to help use them up. I also have a new recipe for you too, Estonian Egg Salad.
This recipe is a little different than your typical eggs salad made with mayo. This one uses butter and farm cheese. I am sure if you are like me you don’t know where to get farmer’s cheese, but I do know that cottage cheese can be substituted for farm cheese. So I used good old cottage cheese.
It is a fun twist. You get a richness in the salad from the butter. It was really yummy. This is best if you can eat it right after you make it, because leftover would have to go in the fridge and the butter hardens back up. I did give it a try and it was still good, but is best eaten right when to make it.
Recipes to use hard boiled eggs:
- Cream Cheese Deviled Eggs
- Devilishly Delicious Eggs
- Simple Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches
- Cobb Salad Sandwich
- Shrimp Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Laura’s Potato Salad
I just came across this great video clip from Taste of Home if you want to see how to make the perfect hard boiled egg for this Estonian Egg Salad. So I have included that at the bottom of the post if you want to check it out. It had some cool tips that I had never seen before.Print
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 6 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- salt and pepper, if desired
- 1–2 Tbsp diced chives (dill would also be yummy)
- bread, rolls, or croissants to serve on (if desired)
- Cut your hard boiled eggs in halve and place the yolks into a small bowl.
- Mash the eggs yolks and then blend with the softened butter.
- Dice up the eggs whites. Fold the diced egg whites and cottage cheese into the yolk mixture. Serve the salad on bread, rolls of croissants if desired.
Recipe adapted from Nami-Nami.