Today, I am sharing deviled eggs two ways. Now, every year at my Mom’s Easter party we have what we call “the tap off”. Each of us receives a hard boiled egg. We each take turns tapping or egg with the ends of each others eggs. Whenever both ends of your egg is cracked, you are out. Whoever ends up with no cracks on both ends of their egg is the winner. Also, many of us have the Easter tradition of dying or coloring hard boiled eggs.
With all of those hard boiled eggs, ya gotta make something with them. Deviled eggs are a great thing to make with them. My family loves them. For me, deviled eggs frequently grace the Easter table. My daughter is especially a fan of them. I decided to give a couple new recipe a try. It was a split on which on my family had preference for. Try them both and you decide.
The virtual Easter dinner continues today with Tara from Unsophisticook. She shares Cucumber Salad. Be sure to check it out.Print
- 8 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chives, diced
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a bowl; set whites aside. Mash the yolks and add the cream cheese, mustard, salt and pepper; beat until blend. Stir in chives.
- Stuff or pipe the yolk mixture into egg whites. Sprinkle with bacon. Refrigerate until serving.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 Tbsp. Kraft Sandwich Shop Garlic and Herb Mayonnaise
- shredded carrot
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a bowl; set whites aside. Mash the yolks and mix in the mayonnaise.
- Stuff or pipe the yolk mixture into egg whites. Sprinkle with shredded carrots. Refrigerate until serving.