Today we are talking potatoes for Easter. I usually enjoy a good old creamy cheesy potato casserole as part of my Easter meal. However, I decided to try something different this year. I decided to go for some simple chive and onion mashed potatoes. This recipe is so easy to do. We are talking 4 ingredients people. The secret is a little tub of chive and onion cream cheese. That is where these potatoes get their flavor and extra creaminess.
They were delicious! I love to have them with a little pat of butter on each serving. Smooth and creamy potatoes with sweet creamy butter dripping down is pure potato heaven!
Today’s part of the virtual Easter dinner is over at Food For My Family. Be sure to check out her recipe. It includes asparagus which is an essential Spring vegetable in my book, making it a perfect Easter side.
If these chive and onion mashed potatoes don’t strike your fancy, here are some other yummy potato dishes perfect to serve for Easter along side that ham:
- Shredded Potatoes Au Gratin
- My Aunt’s Potato Casserole
- Market Street Au Gratin Potatoes
- Cheese Potatoes
Chive and Onion Mashed Potatoes
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 ½ pounds baking potatoes peeled and quartered (this is about 7 russet potatoes)
- 1 8 oz. tub chive and onion cream cheese spread
- 1 Tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and boil for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and mash. Mix in the cream cheese, butter, and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Makes 8 1/2 cup servings.
Recipe Adapted form Taste of Home Cooking School Spring 2011 issue