This week I am focusing on the red, white, and blue. I am sharing fun way to incorporate those patriotic colors into food like this easy fruit flag pizza just in time for the 4th of July.
Summer is just flying by right now for me. I can’t believe that it’s almost the 4th of July! I love to incorporate some type red, white, and blue dish at my celebration.
Today I have a simple flag pizza that you can throw together in not time. I used 2 rolls of refrigerated cookie dough to make the base. However, if you want to go all out and make homemade dough, feel free!
The the crust gets topped with a cream cheese mixture that has a surprise pop of orange flavor. It really pairs well with the strawberries and blueberries used to create the flag look of the pizza. However, lemon juice would also be a great option.
- 2 (16.5 oz) rolls of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Cream Cheese topping:
- 1 (8 oz) pkg light cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp orange juice concentrate
- 1 (7 oz) container marshmallow creme
- 1 (8 oz ) container Cool Whip
- 2 lbs of fresh strawberries, tops removed and sliced in half
- 6 oz of fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom of a 15-1/2×10-1/2 inch jelly roll pan to form the crust. To even it out, you can cover it lay a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper and roll out evenly with a rolling pin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 16-20 minutes until it just starts to get golden and middle seems cooked.
- Cool completely.
- For the cream cheese topping, blend the cream cheese and orange juice concentrate together until smooth. Then blend in the marshmallow creme. Finish by folding in the Cool Whip, then spread over the cooled crust.
- Decorate the pizza with the blueberries and strawberry halves to resemble a flag. Serves 36.
Recipe adapted from Good Things Utah.