In 2009, I had a Velveeta giveaway that inspired me to create this easy cheesy veggie soup recipe. I knew what ever I created needed to be easy. Can’t get any easier than 5 ingredients along with some water, right?
The result was this soup that is quick, easy, and oh so cheesy. The basic base of this soup is truely simple. It is made with water, canned condensed cream of chicken soup, and Velveeta cheese. Oh, but it doesn’t stop there, then there’s the veggies. The veggies in this soup include onion, potatoes, and a bag of California Blend frozen veggies. You know the blend that includes broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. However, the mixed veggie blend with peas, carrots, corn, and green beans will work well also.
Mix this all together and you end up with a delicious meatless soup that is pure comfort food. It’s the perfect way to end a cold January day. Just pair it with some crackers or fresh baked bread.
- CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP
- CALIFORNIA BLEND FROZEN VEGETABLES
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 diced onion
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (16 oz) pkg California Blend frozen vegetables, thawed
- 1 (16 oz) package Velveeta, cubed
- In a soup pot, mix water and canned soup until smooth. Stir in diced onion and potato.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add thawed vegetables, bring back to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for another 8 to 10 minutes until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in cubed Velveeta until melted. Serves 4-5.
This is the original photo from this post when it was first published in October 2009.