In 2009, I had a Velveeta giveaway that inspired meto create this easy cheesy veggie soup. I knew what ever I created needed to be easy. Can’t get any easier than 5 ingredients along with some water.
This soup was quick, easy, and oh so cheesy. The base of this soup is made with water, cream of chicken soup, and Velveeta cheese. oh, but it doesn’t stop there, then there’s the veggies. These veggies include onion, potatoes, and a bag of California Blend frozen veggies.
Mix this all together to end up with a meatless soup that is pure comfort food. It’s the perfect way to end a cold January day.
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 diced onion
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (16 oz) pkg California Blend frozen vegetables, thawed
- 1 (16 oz) package Velveeta, cubed
- In a soup pot, mix water and canned soup until smooth. Stir in diced onion and potato.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add thawed vegetables, bring back to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for another 8 to 10 minutes until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in cubed Velveeta until melted. Serves 4-5.
This is the original photo from thi post when it was first published in October 2009.