Grab your Instant pot and get ready to make this Instant Pot Beef and Rice. If you recently got an Instant Pot, and haven’t used it yet, you need to bite the bullet and get your first recipe made in it and this can be it.
I absolutely love that I can make pasta or rice dishes in the Instant Pot and their is no need to cook it ahead of time. If you make something with ground beef, you do usually need to brown the beef first. But, this is done in the same pot you cook everyhting else in the Instant Pot.
This is a ground beef and rice dish that has a cramy asuce that costs it all. This sauce happens with the use of a can of cream of mushroom soup. Additionally, there is carrots, onion, and garlic salt in it. If you want to, you could alsways substitute half of the carrots for celery. That would also work great.
Lastly, the finishing touch to this whole dish is some shredded cheese. You can just sprinkle it in top before serving. Then, put the lid back on and give it a few minutes to melt. However if you want to go all out, place this in an oven safe dish, then sprinkle with the cheese. After that, you can place it under the broiler to get it nice and bubbly. Mmmmmmm.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can Roasted Garlic Cream of Mushroom Soup or regular cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
- Turn the instant pot on to saute.
- Add the ground beef and onion to the pot. Cook until beef is fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add the soup, water and carrots to the pot. Stir until combined.
- Add in the the rice on top. Push it down so it is submerged under the liquid.
- Put the lid on and make sure the valve is set to seal. Cook on manual for 6 minutes.
- Allow a quick release by turning the valve. Stir everything together and add the cheese or pop it in a dish and cover with cheese then place under the broiler. Serves 4-5.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes + time to come to pressure
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot, beef, rice
This recipe is adapted from Oh Sweet Basil.