This creamy and chicken noodle dish is like creamy chicken noodle soup but in casserole form. It is full of noodles and chunks of chicken. Howeve,r you could always use turkey in place of the chicken.
As far as veggies for this dish, all you need is a bag of frozen vegetables. I used a bag of carrots and peas, but a bag of carrots, peas, corn, and green beans would also be excellent.
All of those noodles, chunks of chicken, and veggies are surrounded with a creamy sauce. The sauce begins with a roux with the addition of milk, cream of chicken soup, and sour cream.
Once you get it all mixed together, it is all place in a casserole dish. But it doesn’t stop these. The last thing you do before baking this is top it with a blend of shredded Italian cheese.
- 1 (16 oz) twited style pasta uncooked (I used Gemelli)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 1/3 cups cooked and chopped chicken or turkey
- 2 (10 3/4 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen peas and carrots or frozen mixed veggies
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add butter to a large pot. Add flour and cook and stir for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Stir in milk and bring to a boil. Cook until thickened.
- Add turkey, soup, sour cream, frozen veggies, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce. Stir to combine and then add to a greased 9×13 pan. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes. Uncovered and cook for an additional 10 – 15 minutes. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Lil Luna.