Are you looking for a healthy snack or dessert for the New Year? Well, these Five Ingredient Energy Bites are a perfect option. These easy no bake bites come together in no time at all.
With the new year, many people make resolutions involving healthier eating habits. Protein and whole grains are things that will aid in healthier eating. This snack involves both of those items.
The base of these bites involves quick oats for whole grains. Additionally, there is peanut butter which is where the protein comes in. to help with flavor, these bites also include honey, mini chocolate chips, and vanilla.
In a bowl, you combine the peanut butter, honey and vanilla together. Next, you mix in the oats and chocolate chips. Then, all that remains is to shape this mixture in to 1 inch round balls. I found that a cookie scoop is a necessity to making the shape of the bits. It was a little dry as I tried to shape these, so I think a little more honey would help with that. Maybe up it to 1/3 cup instead of the 1/4 cup.
If you have an issue with a peanut allergy, almond butter or sun butter can be substituted and should work just as well. Agave syrup can also be used in place of the honey if you prefer to use that.
- CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER
- VANILLA EXTRACT
- QUICK COOKING OATS
- MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a bowl, add the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla. Mix together until combined.
- Add in the oats and chocolate chips and combine together.
- Shape into 1 inch round balls. I pack the mixture into a cookie scoop. Then release it from the scoop. Then I use my finger tips to help it get that nice round shape. Makes 30 bites.