These slow cooker teriyaki meatballs are a great appetizer and would be perfect to serve at your upcoming Super Bowl party. You can also serve these as a main dish over rice too. However you choose to serve them, they will be a hit.
This begins with frozen precooked meatballs. You can use your own if you prefer. I like the Kirkland brand ones that you can get at Costco.
Next, you mix together the sauce ingredients. This includes usual ingredients found in teriyaki sauce – soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, ginger, garlic. It also includes a little seasame oil. This adds a great depth of flavor to the sauce. Honey adds some extra sweetness. You can slo add in some red pepper flakes for a little added heat if you like that.
Green opnion ans sesame seeds are a great added garnish to finish off this dish. It not only makes the dish look beautiful and finished, but all adds flavor that makes the dish have a fresh element.
- 2 dozen precooked, frozen meatballs
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1–2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- sesame seeds and diced green onion, optional garnish
- Add the meatballs to a lightly greased slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, add the remaining ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
- Pour sauce over meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until sauce bubbles and thickens. To speed up thickening, you can turn the slow cooker to high for the last hour of cooking.
- If serving as an appetizer, top with garnishes if desired. To serve as a main dish, serve over hot cooked rice and then top with garnishes if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Category: Appetizer and Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Asian