I have another yummy and simple pasta dish for you. This easy baked tortellini uses a jarred marinara sauce mixed with cream.
People also call this type of sauce a rose sauce. You absolutely can’t lose with a dish made of pasta, sauce and cheese. Then you add cream and it’s even better!
I used a tri-color tortellini from Costco the first time I made this easy baked tortellini recipe. You can use frozen tortellini instead of fresh. Just cook it for half the time stated on the package.
Start by cooking some fresh tortellini for 3 minutes. You don’t want it fully cooked because it will cook more in the oven. Drain the tortellini. Then toss it with a tablespoons of butter to prevent sticking.
In a bowl, combine the the marinara, cream, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Then add to the tortellini and gently toss until coated. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Place the mixture into the greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and mozzarella. Then bake uncovered for 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until lightly browned. You want the cheese bubbly and brown.
Tomorrow, I’ll have a garlic bread with a fun twist for you to accompany this easy baked tortellini pasta dish. I am also sharing a recipe today over at The Crafting Chicks if you’d like to check it out!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use different types of tortellini for this recipe?
You can choose different tortellini types like cheese, spinach, or meat-filled, based on what you like.
Can I add vegetables or protein to the baked tortellini?
You can add vegetables such as spinach, mushrooms, or bell peppers to your baked tortellini. Additionally, you can also add protein options like Italian sausage or ground beef.
Can I make baked tortellini ahead of time and reheat it?
You can assemble baked tortellini ahead of time and refrigerate it. When ready to serve, simply bake it until heated through
- FRESH CHEESE TORTELLINI
- MARINARA SAUCE
- HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM
- FRESH GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE
- SALT AND FRESH GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- MOZZARELLA CHEESE
For more baked pasta recipes, try:
Easy Baked Tortellini
Real Mom Kitchen
- 3 cups or 1 (13 oz) bag fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 jar (24 oz) marinara sauce
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese divided
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 11 x 7-inch baking pan.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook tortellini for 3 minutes. You don’t want it fully cooked because it will cook more in the oven. Drain and place in a bowl. Toss with 1 tablespoons of butter to prevent sticking.
- Combine the the marinara, cream, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Then add to the pasta and gently toss until coated. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Place the tortellini into the greased baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and mozzarella. Then bake uncovered for 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until lightly browned.
Adapted from Kittencal’s Kitchen.
This is the original photo from this post when it was first posted in May of 2011. The above photos were updated in January of 2024.