Today’s recipe for crunchy coated bacon is one that I found over at Tidy Mom. I served it on Easter for breakfast along with the Blueberry French Toast with Blueberry Syrup. It was a yummy and different way to serve up bacon. Plus, it’s not too complicated.
To me, it is exactly what bacon would be like if it was breaded and deep fried. However, this recipe is done in the oven. The bacon is coated with flour to to give it some added crispiness.
I do recommend you use thick sliced bacon. If you use the thin sliced, just be sure to cook it for a less amount of time and check on it often. You don’t want to end up with burnt bacon.
- thick sliced bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large cookie sheet with edge with parchment paper or tin foil. I prefer foil it makes for easy clean up.
- Coat the bacon in flour. Shake off the excess.
- Lay on the prepared cookie sheet (do not overlap).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins. (start check at 20 minutes to see if it’s done you don’t want burnt bacon)
- *Be very careful removing the pan from the oven.
This is the original photo for this post. The above photo was updated in March 2017.