Today’s soup may sound and look fancy, but is actually quite simple to make. No one will ever guess you started this Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup with some plain old cans of tomato soup. This offers a shortcut without compromising flavor. This jazzed up version only takes a few extra ingredients and is sure to impress.
Start this creamy tomato tortellini soup by preparing some cheese-filled tortellini according to package directions. In the meantime, you combine the canned tomato soup along with some vegetable broth, milk, half-and-half, sundried tomatoes, onion powder, gaarlic powder, and basil. Heat through, stirring frequently.
Once the tortellini is cooked, drain and carefully add that tender cheese-filled tortellini to the soup. Lastly, you stir in some Parmesan cheese. Mix in to melt the cheese. Serve and top with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
This soup becomes a warm, hearty, and flavorful delight that’s perfect for a cozy evening meal or a quick lunch that warms the soul. I like to serve this with my Italian grilled cheese sandwiches.
- REFRIGERATED CHEESE TORTELLINI
- CONDENSED TOMATO SOUP
- VEGETABLE BROTH
- HALF-AND-HALF CREAM
- OIL-PACKED SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
- ONION POWDER
- GARLIC POWDER
- DRIED BASIL
- SHREDDED PARMESAN CHEESE
Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 package 9 ounces for garnish, optional
- Prepare the tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a stock pot, combine the soup, broth, milk, half-and-half, tomatoes and seasonings. Heat through, stirring frequently.
- Drain tortellini; carefully add to soup. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle each serving with additional cheese if desired. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photos were updated in November 2023.