Happy Halloween! I hope you all have a fun and safe Halloween tonight. I will be making my traditional Mom’s Sweet Chili for dinner along with cornbread muffins.
Chili tends to be a Halloween tradition for many families, so I thought a recipe for cornbread would be perfect for today. This cornbread recipe happens to come in muffin form.
Sour cream is included in this cornbread recipe which adds a nice tenderness to it. This recipe also uses half and half which adds a little richness to the cornbread. Give these a try tonight! Oh, and don’t forget the honey butter. I love my cornbread with honey butter!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line 12 muffin cups with liners.
- In a bowl, add egg, melted butter, sugar, sour cream, and half and half. Mix with a fork until well blended.
- Add in the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix with the fork until combine well.
- Divide the batter evenly into the 12 lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes at 400 just until they start to brown – don’t overbake! Makes 12 muffins.
Recipe adapted from The Cents’able Shoppin.