Over Thanksgiving, I took photos and made recipes for that delicious turkey meal including the classic green bean casserole. My plan was to use them to post Thanksgiving recipes for next year.
However, it hit me after the fact that many people also have the classic turkey dinner for Christmas. So I thought why not share them right now as ideas for Christmas dinner too.
So, the photos have more Thanksgiving colors in the background, but I am sharing them with the indent of using for Christmas. If you do something different for Christmas, just pin them for next Thanksgiving. First up is a must have for our turkey dinners – the classic green bean casserole.
This is a must in my book. It is simple enough that it comes together in about 5 minutes. You can good fresh or frozen green beans for this. However, my family actually prefers to have it made with french style canned green beans.
Those french fried onions are what make this dish. It is mixed in with the green beans. This gives to texture and flavor to it. Then, you also place those onions on top too. They add a crunch texture.
Classic Green Bean Casserole
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 10 1/2 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 4 cups cooked cut green beans or 2 14.5 oz cans any style Del Monte® Green Beans, drained (we prefer canned french cut beans)
- 1 ⅓ cups French's® Crispy Fried Onions divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk the soup, milk, and pepper together. Add in the beans and 2/3 cup of the Crispy Fried Onions. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a in a 1 1/2 qt. baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. or until hot.
- Top with remaining 2/3 cup onions. Bake another 5 minutes until onions are golden. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from French’s.