I’ve been keeping the writing short about each recipe this week to go along with the easy recipes. Trying to keep life simple this week with all the craziness as Christmas inches near. Simple recipes really don’t need much said about them. These simple cheesy grub sandwiches today are basically a cheese version of a sloppy joe, a definite kid pleaser. I served them on hot dog buns for a fun change.
I also have a review of Babycakes cake pop maker if you want to check that out today!
- GROUND BEEF
- MCCORMICK MONTREAL STEAK SEASONING
- WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE
- HOT DOG OR HAMBURGER BUNS
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tsp. McCormick Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 hot dog or hamburger buns
- Brown beef in a skillet along with steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce until full cooked; drain and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter.
- Whisk in the flour and cook over medium for a few minutes until turns golden brown in color.
- Slowly whisk in the milk. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened.
- Remove from head and blend in cheese until melted and well combined.
- Add cheese mixture to beef mixture. Stir to combine. You can add a little more milk if needed to thin the sauce.
- Serve on hot dog or hamburger buns. Serves 8.
Adapted from What’s Cookin’ Chicago.