Today’s dinner is quick to make but you make in the slow cooker – so you have to plan ahead for this one. This slow cooked chicken dinner is pure comfort -chicken, vegetables and a creamy sauce! It only takes a few ingredients to make a delicious warm winter meal. I have been making this dish for about 10 years now and it is a family favorite. It reminds me of a similar dish made in a dutch oven.
- RED OR YUKON GOLD POTATOES
- BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREAST
- CONDENSED CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP
- CONDENSED CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
- GARLIC SALT
- MASHED POTATO FLAKES
Slow Cooked Chicken Dinner
Real Mom Kitchen
- 6 medium red or yukon gold potatoes cut into chunks
- 4 medium carrots cut into 1/2-inch pieces (or equal amount baby carrots)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 10 3/4 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 10-3/4 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons mashed potato flakes optional
- Place potatoes and carrots in the bottom of a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Place chicken on top of the vegetables.
- In a bowl, combine the soups and garlic salt. Spread the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- To thicken sauce, stir in potato flakes and cook 30 minutes longer, if desired. Makes 4 servings
Adapted from Quick Cooking Magazine.