The pasta for this recipe does cook seperately. However, you can cook it in the Instant Pot with the chicken if you need a pan that can fit in your Instant Pot. That pan also needs to be able to hold the pasta along with 3 cups of water. I have included those instructions in the notes if you want to do the pasta that way. I just cooked my pasta on the stove top.
You can use linguine or fettucine for this dish. You want those long noodles that can hold the cream sauce in this recipe.
Another thing with this, you cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise. This provides 6 servings and also makes the chicken thin enough to cook in the time needed.
This Instant Pot garlic parmesan chicken is another one of those great comfort meals. I am sure it will be made several times ove this upcoming winter season for dinner here.Print
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 small diced onion
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 3 boneless skinless breasts, cut each breast in half lengthwise
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 oz coarsely chopped spinach
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 10 oz uncooked fettuccine noodles or linguine noodles **see note
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute. Add in the butter and onion. Saute for about 3-4 minutes until onion is tender. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add in the chicken broth, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Stir to combine. Add in the mushrooms and chicken.
- Place the lid and make sure valve is set to sealing. Set to manual/pressure cook button for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- When the pressure cooker is finshed cooking, allow the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Then manually vent to remove any remaining pressure.
- PLace the chicken on a platter and loosely cover with foil. Turn the Instant Pot to the saute. Warm the half and half up in a microwaave safe bowl for 45 seconds in the microwave. Whisk the flour into the half and half until it’s smooth. Then whisk the mixture into the Instant Pot. This will thicken up the sauce in a few minutes. Add in the parmesan cheese. Add in the spinach. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to coat. To serve, add some of the pasta to a plate and top with chicken. Serves 6.
If you want to cook pasta at the same time and in the Instant Pot, you can. Just get a pan that will fit inside your Instant Pot* and fill it with 3 cups or water. Then break the fettuccine or linguine noodles to fit inside the pan (see my note below). Carefully place the pan on top of the chicken silicone sling or metal steam rack with handles included with most Instant Pots. You can also make a foil sling. You just need something to aid with removing the pot of pasta from the inner pot.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes plus time to come to pressure
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
Recipe adapted from 365 Days of Slow + Pressure Cooking.