They have bbq chicken pizza, so why not a barbecue chicken quesadillas! A while back, I had some family over for dinner and I made slow cooker barbecue chicken. I ended up having some left overs after our gathering. I never mind having leftovers, and this leftover chicken went into my freezer.
The other day I was ready to use my leftover bbq chicken in the freezer and decided to use that chicken to make these bbq chicken quesadillas. Now if you want to can just cook up come chicken and add bbq sauce to it. Or feel free to buy a rotisserie chicken and tear it up then add bbq sauce to it. However, this recipe for slow cooker barbecue chicken that I linked to below is delish!
I added cheddar cheese and red onion in them. However, the red onion is also fine to swap with green onion. The quesadillas were excellent and the whole family loved them, even my picky daughter ate them up.
- FLOUR TORTILLAS
- CHEDDAR CHEESE (OR WHATEVER CHEESE YOU LIKE)
- RED ONION (CAN USE GREEN ONION IN IT’S PLACE)
- LEFTOVER SLOW COOKER BARBECUE CHICKEN OR YOUR OWN BBQ CHICKEN
Barbecue Chicken Quesadillas
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 6 flour tortillas
- shredded cheddar cheese or whatever cheese you like
- diced red onion can use green onion in it's place
- leftover slow cooker barbecue chicken or your own bbq chicken
- Brush one side of the tortilla with melted butter. Place butter side down in frying pan. Sprinkle the entire tortilla with a light layer of cheddar cheese and sprinkle on some red onion.
- Cook over medium heat until under side is browned and crisp and cheese is melted. Top half the tortilla with warmed bbq chicken and fold tortilla in half, then cut in half so you have two triangles. Enjoy.