You can turn just about anything into a quesadilla. Today, I am taking those tasty Philly cheesesteak sandwiches and turning them into a delicious Philly cheesesteak quesadillas recipe!
This quesadilla includes nice chunks of steak, peppers, onions, mushrooms along with some melty provolone cheese. Also, you could always swap the provolone for mozzarella if you want. This quesadilla is what you expect in a regular Philly cheesesteak sandwich. However, there is no toasty roll here. You serve this in between 2 crispy golden brown flour tortillas.
Additionally, this delicious philly cheesesteak quesadillas recipe works well to use leftover steak with. Just cut your beef into slices and skip step one. I’m telling ya, you will love these cheesesteak quesadillas.
Then, one thing that I like to do is enjoy these quesadillas with some guacamole on the side. This is definitely different from a tradition Philly cheesesteak. However, it is equally delicious.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a different kind of cheese in these quesadillas?
Yes, feel free to try other cheese like cheddar, mozzarella, or Swiss, for a different flavor.
Can I make this recipe a head of time and reheat later?
For the best results, you can cook the meat and veggies ahead of time. Then warm the filling and assemble the quesadillas and cook.
Can I use pre-sliced steak or leftovers instead of cooking fresh steak?
Yes, just be sure to warm the meat through during the assembly process.
- SIRLOIN STEAK
- OLIVE OIL
- ONION (I USED RED)
- RED PEPPER
- ORANGE PEPPER
- BURRITO SIZED FLOUR TORTILLAS
- PROVOLONE CHEESE
Philly Cheesesteak Quesadillas
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb sirloin steak sliced thin across the grain
- 1 Tbsp olive oil divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 orange pepper diced
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove miced garlic
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 4 burrito sized flour tortillas
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tsp of the olive oil and add the slices of steak. Season with salt and pepper and cook until meat is fully cooked. Remove from the skillet. Set aside and cover with foil.
- In that same skillet, add another tsp of oil. Then add in the onion, peppers, and mushrooms. Cook until tender.
- Add the meat back into the skillet and add in the garlic. Cook until heated again.
- Take tortillas and brush one side of each with melted butter.
- In another skillet, add one of the tortillas buttered side down. Then top with 3 slices of provolone followed by 1/2 of the meat mixture. Top with another tortilla butter side up. Cook until bottom side is browned then flip to brown other side. Remove from skillet and cut into 4 pieces. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients. Makes 4 servings.
This recipe is adapted from Natasha’s Kitchen.