So yesterday was the first offical day of fall. However, I am get every last change I have to grill before I can’t. So, I grilled up some all beef franks and make these Cuban style hot dogs.
So a traditional cuban sandwich is comprised of Cuban bread, ham, roasted pork, Swiss cheese, pickles, mustard. With the cuban style hot dog, the pork gets replaced with the hot dog. Also, no Cuban bread included either. A traditional hot dog bun is what we use.
Now, I am not a fan of traditional yellow mustard. So, I used honey mustard when making these tasty Cuban style hot dogs.Print
- 4 hot dogs (I use all beef franks)
- 4 hot dogs buns
- 8 thin slices of ham
- 8 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 dill pickle spears
- yellow mustard (I use honey mustard)
- Grill hot dogs. Keep warm.
- Places 2 slices of ham on each bun followed by 2 slices of the cheese. Broil in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Place the hot dogs on each bun along with the dill spears. Place sliced onion on top and then drizzle with mustard. Makes 4 hot dogs.
Recipe is adapted from 4 Sons R Us.