So yesterday was the first offical day of fall. However, I am getting every last change I have to grill before I can’t. So, I grilled up some all beef franks today and make these Cuban style hot dogs.
So a traditional Cuban sandwich is comprised of Cuban bread, ham, roasted pork, Swiss cheese, pickles, mustard. With the Cuban style hot dog, the pork gets replaced with the hot dog. Also, no Cuban bread included either. A traditional hot dog bun is what we use here. Plus, you broil the bun along with the ham and Swiss cheese.
Now, I am not a fan of traditional yellow mustard. It’s got too strong of a flavor for me. So, I used honey mustard instead when making these tasty hot dogs. Plus, don’t forget a dill pickle spear on there along with some thinly sliced red onion. This is definitely a tasty change to your standard hot dog.
- HOT DOGS (I USE ALL BEEF FRANKS)
- HOT DOGS BUNS
- THIN SLICES OF HAM
- THIN SLICES SWISS CHEESE
- RED ONION
- DILL PICKLE SPEARS
- YELLOW MUSTARD (I USE HONEY MUSTARD)
Cuban Style Hot Dogs
Real Mom Kitchen
- 4 hot dogs I use all beef franks
- 4 hot dogs buns
- 8 thin slices of ham
- 8 thin slices Swiss cheese
- ½ of a small red onion thinly sliced
- 4 dill pickle spears
- yellow mustard I use honey mustard
- Grill hot dogs. Keep warm.
- Places 2 slices of ham on each bun followed by 2 slices of the cheese. Broil in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Place the hot dogs on each bun along with the dill spears. Place sliced onion on top and then drizzle with mustard. Makes 4 hot dogs.
Recipe is adapted from 4 Sons R Us.