My husband grew up on this recipe for No Bake Cookies. It is also a staple at our house for my children. At our home we lovingly call them “no bakes”. No baking is necessary to make these cookies. You made them on the stove top.
They are quick and easy to make and are great for a quick treat or after school snack. I feel like my kids are getting something somewhat healthy because of the peanut butter and oats. The taste of the chocolate with the peanut butter in these cookies makes them a favorite. peanut butter and chocolate are one of those pairings that are just meant to go together.
I also found out after making these again that my husband uses less oats then what the recipe calls for. So I have made note of that in the recipe. We prefer the cookie to be more flat like this older picture below. This is the result when using less oats.
- COCOA POWDER
- PEANUT BUTTER (CREAMY OR CRUNCHY, WE DO CREAMY)
- QUICK OATS
No Bake Cookies
Real Mom Kitchen
- ½ cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup peanut butter creamy or crunchy, we do creamy
- 2 ½ -3 cups quick oats use 2 1/2 cups for flatter cookies like the older picture below
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Put the butter, sugar, coco powder, salt and milk in a sauce pan and bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add the peanut butter, oats, and vanilla.
- Mix until combined and drop spoonfuls onto wax paper. Allow time to cool. I like to eat them while they are still warm. Enjoy!
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was posted in July 2015.