I always love a good crock pot recipe and let me tell you this one is excellent. This recipe for Ranch House Crockpot Pork Chops happens to come from Jenny at Picky Plate. I am so thankful to Jenny for sharing this one. It was FABULOUS!
My husband is not a huge fan of pork chops because it’s usually too chewy for him. He really likes his meat to be tender. I knew that cooking this in the crock pot would give you really tender meat. Plus, my husband is a big fan of garlic mashed potatoes, so I knew the potatoes would be a hit.
This dish was simple to make. However, it is impressive enough you could serve it to company. The only thing I would change for next time is to double the cream of chicken soup and ranch seasoning. My family is big gravy eaters and were asking for more. The ranch dressing in the gravy along with the Parmesan cheese and garlic in the potatoes complemented each other so well. This is so delicious!Print
- 6 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 pkg dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 4 lbs peeled, cubed potatoes
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 cloves roasted garlic (directions in notes)
- 1 to1 1/2 cups milk (any milk will do, I used skim)
- 1 Tbsp salt, or to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Place pork chops, ranch seasoning and soup into a crock pot on low heat for 6 hours.
- About 45 minutes before pork chops are done, place potatoes into a large pot of cold water. Place onto stove top over high heat and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, cook for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain and transfer to the work bowl of a stand or electric mixer. Mix on low until potatoes are mashed then add butter, Parmesan, garlic, milk, salt and pepper. Season to taste if needed.
- For thinner mashed potatoes add more milk, slowly until your desired consistency.
- Scoop mashed potatoes onto serving plates and top with pork chops and soup gravy from crock pot. I put a little parsley on top to serve. Serves 6.
Roasted Garlic – Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place bulb of garlic with skins on, wrap lightly in tin foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove from foil and let cool for 15 minutes. Remove garlic from skins, place in a bowl and mash with a fork until completely mashed. Set aside. One garlic bulb will have around 12 cloves.
This is the original photo from this post for Ranch House Crockpot Pork Chops. The above photo was updated in July 2013.