Air fryer hamburgers don’t get that cripy outside like you can get on a grill, but are still super tasty. They are jucier than fying them in a skillet. They are also less messy than the skillet method. There is no grease spatters all over the stove top and kitchen. Plus, the air fryer basket is a breeze to clean out!
Once the patties cook in the air fryer, you can place cheese on the patties. Then you put the basket in the air fryer with it turned off. The residuial heat will melt the cheese. If you did this with the air fryer on, it would judt blow the cheese off the patties.
If you want smaller patties, you could make 4 patties instead of 3. Then just cook them for about 8 minutes instead of the 12 minutes.Print
- 1 lb 80/20 ground beef
- 2 tsp hambuger seasoning (I like the McCommick or Webber brand)
- 3 hamburger buns
- 3 slices of cheese
- desired hambuger toppings such as lettuce, pickles, tomato, etc
- In a bowl, mix hamburger and seasoning together. Shape into 3 patties.
- Place patties in the air fryer basket. Cook at 350 degrees for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Cook patties longer if need to 160 degrees.
- Place cheese on patties while still in the air fryer basket and place back in the air fryer with it turned OFF for a couple of minutes. The residual heat in the air fryer will melt the cheese.
- Place patties on buns and top with desired toppings. Serves 3.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Noshtastic.