I have shared a baked version of parmesan chicken before, but today I have an air fryer parmesan chicken for you all. All you air fryer users are gonna love this. An air fryer is a great appliance to have as we get heading into summer. There is no hot house from using you air fryer like there is when you use an oven. If you don’t have one yet, then you should seriously consider getting one.
You only need two chciken breasts for this recipe. Then you butterfly each breast to create 2 servings making a total of 4 servings. Then you pound the pieces to make them even in thinkness.
Next, you spread mayo over the chicken. This is what is going to make the coating stick to the chicken. Then you dip the mayo coated chicken into a coating of panko bread crumbs, shredded Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder.
Now, it’s time to get that chicken into the air fryer. All you need is 15 minutes in the air fryer and this air fryer parmesan chicken is ready to eat. Always temp your chicken just to be sure it is fully cooked.
Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- Split chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Then pound each piece to flaten to an even thickness.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and spread mayo on both sides.
- In a bowl, mix together the panko, parmesan, and garlic powder. Dip each piece of chicken in the panko/parmesan mixture to coat.
- Place chicken in a single layer place in the air fryer.
- Cook at 390 for 15 minutes TURNING ONCE after 10 minutes. Serves 4.
This recipe is adapted from Adventures of a Nurse.