I have yet to try cooking raw proetin in my air fryer, that was until today! I made air fryer chicken tacos. You cook the meat for the tacos in the air fryer. It only takes about 15 minutes to cook the meat. However, this chicken does need to to marinate.
This chicken gets a nice 2 hour soak in a marinade made of taco seasoning, olive oil, and lime juice. You can also add a little salt and pepper in there too. Then in goes into the air fryer.
I use chicken tenders to get this chicken cooked fast. However, you can use brests if you want, just cut them into tender sized strips before placing them in the marinade.
This chicken was so tender, moist, and juicy. It actually tasted like I cooked this chicken on the grill. I love I can just put it in the air fryer and let it go. No need to watch or turn the meat. Just leave it and go prep the other stuff you need for the tacos. You are gonna love these air fryer chicken tacos!
You could use this chicken for more that just tacos. It would be excellent for a slad or on top of nachos.Print
- 1 lb chicken tenders **see note
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- desired taco toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, shredded lettuce, salsa, guacamole, etc.
- In a gallon sized ziploc freezer bag, at the chicken, taco seasoning, oil, and lime juice. Add salt and pepper if desired. Seal and knead the bag to combine the ingredients and coat the chicken well. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Add the chicken to the air fryer basket. Cook at 360 degrees for 15 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Remove chicken from the baket and cut into slices. Serve with tortillas and desired toppings. Serves 4.
** You can use chicken breasts, just cut them into stips the size of chicken tenders.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Mexican
Recipe is dapted from Recipe This.