Today is the last day of Fall Snack Week. Hasn’t it been fun? I have loved it and I have saved my favorite treat for last. It happens to involve popcorn, peanut butter, and honey. This after school peanut butter and honey popcorn is my new favorite and highly addictive treat. It also comes together in a jiffy.
I found this yummy popcorn recipe over at Prudence Pennywise. Love ya Prudy and so glad you shared this recipe! This recipe is so easy to make that you simply must make it! You have no excuse unless, that is, you have a peanut butter allergy.
The popcorn has a perfect peanut butter flavor and the coating is soft, chewy, and ooey gooey. It would also be excellent to drizzle with melted chocolate chips. The you could have a peanut butter chocolate popcorn. It would be excellent to give as a gift too. I think I need to go whip up another batch right now.
- 8 cups popped lightly salted popcorn (low-fat microwave popcorn is what I used)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional, but I totally used it!)
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and honey. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth. Add vanilla, if using.
- Pour peanut butter syrup over popcorn and stir to coat. (You can place the popped popcorn in a large paper bag, then pour over the syrup and shake. That’s how I did it) Spread out on to a cookie sheet to cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in September 2017.