Who doesn’t love a good Chex mix? I sure do! I must say that my favorite part of the traditional Chex mix that my great-grandmother made was the wheat Chex. Now, I was so excited when I noticed a recipe for cinnamon-apple Chex mix in a Chex ad in my recent Taste of Home issue.
The recipe uses just the wheat Chex and has the fabulous fall flavors of apple and cinnamon. The original recipe called for vanilla-yogurt covered raisins. I decided to use vanilla-yogurt covered craisins instead. The other thing I loved about this Cinnamon-Apple Chex Mix recipe is you make it in the microwave and is ready in 15 minutes.
- WHEAT CHEX® CEREAL
- LIGHTLY SALTED WHOLE ALMONDS
- BROWN SUGAR
- LIGHT CORN SYRUP
- GROUND CINNAMON
- DRIED APPLES
- VANILLA YOGURT-COVERED RAISINS (I USED VANILLA-YOGURT COVERED CRAISINS)
Cinnamon-Apple Chex Mix
Real Mom Kitchen
- 5 cups Wheat Chex® cereal
- 1 cup lightly salted whole almonds
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped dried apples
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt-covered raisins I used vanilla-yogurt covered craisins
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereal and almonds.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and cinnamon uncovered on High about 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until mixture is boiling; stir. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated. Microwave uncovered on High 3 minutes, stirring and scraping bowl after every minute. Stir in apples; microwave uncovered on High about 2 minutes or until apples just begin to brown on edges.
- Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool, about 5 minutes. Place in serving bowl; stir in raisins (or craisins). Store in airtight container.