It’s another day of Fall Snack Week and do I have a fun recipe for you today. It’s a twist on nachos using apples instead of tortilla chips. The twist doesn’t stop there. Then those apples get covered in caramel, marshmallows, nuts and mini chocolate chips. The recipe is one that I adapted from my latest Taste of Home issue. I must say that I was really surprised at how yummy that were. The marshmallow gets all stringy and and gooey just like melted cheese. All the flavors go so well together.
Just wanted to let you know that I have a fun new giveaway starting today. So if you are interested in checking it out, hop on over the the giveaway page.
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup caramel apple dip
- 4 medium tart apples, cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup nut topping (the kind with the ice cram toppings) or chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large saucepan, melt marshmallows and butter.
- Arrange apple slices on a large platter. Place caramel dip into a quart sized zipper bag. Snip off one corner with some scissors and drizzle caramel over the apples.
- Then drizzle with the marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle with nut topping and chocolate chips. Serve immediately.