Yes, it is possible to make homemade cinnamon rolls in 45 minutes. I oringinally came up with this 45 Minute Cinnamon Rolls recipe back in 2009 just in time for Father’s Day, but it is perfect for any time of the year.
I started by using the recipe I have on the blog for 30 minute rolls. The 30 minute roll dough is really sticky and tender so you need to make sure to use plenty of flour when you roll the dough out.
I also don’t have exact measurements for the sugar and cinnamon. I really wanted this recipe to be quick and easy so measuring those out would take extra time. Surprise someone with a batch of these today.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 Tbsp yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar or honey
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 eggs
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- milk ( probably a couple tablespoons or so for desired consistency)
- In a bowl, mix first 4 ingredients togther and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Add in the salt and eggs and mix to combine. Next, gradually mix in the flour.
- Roll dough out into a 9 x 13 rectangle on a well floured surface. Spread butter on dough. Sprinkle dough generously with cinnamon. Follow with sprinkling sugar over the cinnamon. This is also a generous amount. Enough to completely cover the cinnamon so you can’t see it.
- Roll up from the long side to make a log. Then cut into 12 slices and place on a greased cookie sheet. After shaped, allow to rest for 10 minutes. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and dough is fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and mix up icing. Let the rolls cool a little before you put the icing on. I like to make mine on the thicker side. I like to have it thick enough you have to spoon it on and use the back side of the spoon to help it spread on the roll. Makes 1 dozen cinnamon rolls.