This post contains affiliate links.
As we enter fall, this Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff is a great option for dinner. It is a little more involved than other recipe I have shared. With this recipe you saute, bring the Instant Pot to Pressure and cook for a bit, then release, and bring to pressure again after adding in the pasta.
However, if though it is a little more involved than other Instant Pot recipes. It still is easy and I love that it is all made in one pot. I have never actually made chicken stroganoff before. It really is almost synonimous with chicken tertrazzini in my opinion. I don’t really find much different between the two.
We are talking pasta, chicken, and mushrooms that all get coated with a creamy white sauce. My family doesn’t like mushrooms, but I LOVE them. So I make everyone pick them out from their plate and give them to me.
Instant Pot Chicken Stroganoff
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 lb diced chicken
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz wide egg noodles
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley or green onion, optional
- Turn the Instant Pot on to saute and add the butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add in the mushrooms and onion, saute 4-5 minutes.
- Toss the chicken with the salt, black pepper and paprika, then add to the Instant Pot along with the garlic.
- Sear the chicken while stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- Press the Keep Warm/Cancel button on the pressure cooker. Add in the chicken broth.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and make sure it is set to “sealing”.
- Press the “manual” button and set the pressure cooker for to 4 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, wait 10-15 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
- Add the egg noodles to the Instant Pot, make sure they’re almost all the way covered in liquid. The top doesn’t need to be but the sides should pretty much covered. Add a little water if needed .Secure the lid back on the Instant Pot and make sure it is set to “sealing”.
- Press the “keep warm/cancel” button, then the “manual” button and set to cook for 8 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, wait 5 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure. Add in the sour cream, half and half and parmesan cheese. Stir together until combined. Serve topped with fresh parsley or green onion if desired. Serves 6.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Chicken, Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken, pasta, stroganoff, instant pot, pressure cooker
Recipe adated from Whitney Bond.
Oh WOW this is a great recipe ! YumYum !