This post contains affiliate links.
Want the taste of cinnamon rolls without all the work? This cinnamon roll coffee cake is the perfect solution. It’s a combination of a easy coffee cake and the flavors of a cinnamon roll. This would be a great addition for Easter breakfast!
The coffee cake base is a breeze to put together. you whisk together some flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Next you mix in some milk, eggs and vanilla. Last after this is all combined, you mix in some melted butter. Then you spread it into a 9 x13 inch pan.
Now is where the cinnamon roll part comes in. You mix together some melted butter, flour, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Place spoonfuls of this mixture over the cake batter. Then you swirl the whole thing with a knife. After that it’s time to bake the coffee cake. It is ready in about 30 minutes.
Last thing you need to do is mix together a simple glaze of powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Pour the glaze over the warm cake and allow to cool. We tried eating this coffee cake warm and completely cooled. We all agreed it was better to eat when it was fully cooled.
- BAKING POWDER
- BROWN SUGAR
- POWDERED SUGAR
Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together until well combined.
- Add in the milk, eggs, and vanilla and beat together until combined. While mixing, drizzle in the melted butter until combined,
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×13 pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the of the topping ingredients until combined.
- Spread topping evenly on the batter and swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- For the glaze, mix all the ingredients together until it’s the consistency like pancake syrup.
- While cake is warm, drizzle the glaze over the cake and it will set into a harder glaze.
This recipe is adapted from Tasty Foods.