This post may contain affiliate links.
Today, I have a dessert that will be perfect for Easter. These lighter strawberry cheesecake crepes will also work for brunch or breakfast on Easter morning too. We actually enjoyed these one night for dinner. For my WW Personal Points, they came out to 4 points per crepe.
The crepe itself isn’t much different than my traditional recipe. The ratio per egg to flour and milk is higher. There is also a little vanilla in these along with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. You also use non-stick cooking spray instead of butter to coat the pan. I was able to use my non-stick pan and not use anything else. I don’t like using non-stick cooking spray on my non-stick pans because it can ruin them.
Next is the filling.
I took my mousse in a minute recipe and swapped the pudding for sugar free pudding. I used the cheesecake pudding mix to make these strawberry cheesecake crepes. However, you can swap it for vanilla or chocolate for more variety. When I made these for my family I did one cheesecake pudding and one vanilla pudding. I tried both, I personally preferred the vanilla pudding version the best of the two.
I also used fat free Cool Whip instead of regular Cool Whip. You also use fresh sliced strawberries to fill and garnish the crepes. To make them look pretty, I use sugar free whipped heavy cream in the spray can along with some of the sliced strawberries. However, you could use fat free Cool Whip too. If you leave off the additional whipped cream or Cool Whip, it makes the 3 points per crepe.
- SKIM MILK
- EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- VANILLA EXTRACT
- SUGAR FREE CHEESECAKE PUDDING
- FAT FREE COOL WHIP
- FRESH STRAWBERRIES
- FAT FREE WHIPPING CREAM OR COOL WHIP
Lighter Strawberry Cheesecake Crepes
Click here to get your WW Personal Points for this recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 pkg sugar free cheesecake pudding
- 1 cup Fat Lite Cool Whip
- Additional items
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- fat free whipped cream or more Lite Cool Whip
- Combine the flour, milk, eggs, oil and vanilla extract in a blender. Mix together until the batter is smooth.
- Let the batter rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat an 8″ non-stick skillet for 5 minutes.
- Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray and add 1/4 cup of batter. Quickly turn the pan in all directions so the batter covers the entire pan.
- Let cook for about one minute. Use a rubber spatula to lift up the edge of the crepe and check if the bottom is cooked. Then flip over the crepe and let it cook another 20 seconds.
- Mix pudding as directed on package using 1 1/2 cups milk. Fold in whipped topping.
This recipe is adapted from Keeping On Point.