These mini fruit cookie tarts are a dessert perfect for Easter! They are also great to serve for a tea party or baby/bridal shower. Plus, that are really easy to make. You just need 3 ingredients plus whatever fruit you wish to use to top them.
All you need for the crust for these tarts is some refrigerated sugar cookie dough. You just cut the roll of dough into 48 pieces. Then, just roll each piece into a ball. At this point, you place each ball of dough into a mini muffin tin. There is no need to press the dough into each cup. The cookie dough will spread and fill the tin as it cooks.
While the tart shells cook, you can whip up the filling. All you need is a brick of cream cheese. Just beat it will a hand mixer until it’s smooth and fluffy. Then you just mix in a 16 ox container of Cool Whip. That’s it. We then tart shells are cooked and cooled you can pipe some of this filling into each tart shell.
Now comes the fun part, the fruit. You want to use a variety and you want to have fruit that is varying in color. All berries are excellent options. They can all be used as is with the exception of strawberries. You will want to cut those into smaller pieces. Canned fruit is another great option. I personally like to use mandarin oranges and pineapple. Kiwi is another good one to use. Bananas will taste great, but they really don’t give any color to the tarts.
- PILLSBURY REFRIGERATED SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH
- CREAM CHEESE
- COOL WHIP
- A VARIETY OF FRUIT
- 1 (16.5 oz) roll Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 oz) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 4 cups of any kind of fruit, cut into small pieces if needed (Berries, canned mandarin oranges or pineapple, kiwi, etc.)
- Cut dough into 48 pieces. Roll each piece of dough in a ball. Place each ball in mini muffin pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 6-7 minutes. Making sure not to over cook them.
- Allow them cool in the pan for just a couple minutes and then pop them out of the muffin tins. Allow to continue to cool on a cooling rack.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese with a hand mixer until fluffy and smooth. Then blend in the cool whip.
- Pipe some of the cream cheese filling into the cookie shells. The decorate tops of the tarts with fruit. Makes 24 servings.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Muffin Tin Mommy.