Here is a fun way to surprise your loved ones bright and early on Valentine’s Day. These easy heart shaped cinnamon rolls are too easy not to make.
All you do it get a tube of cinnamon rolls and shape them into a fun heart shape. Then you add some food coloring to the icing before drizzling on the heat shaped cinnamon rolls and add some sprinkles.
See, I told you, these heart shaped cinnamon rolls are too easy not to make! Now you can always make your own from scratch cinnamon rolls, shape them this way, let them raise, and bake them. However, sometimes a girl’s just gotta do what is convenient.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do they get their heart shape?
Open the package of cinnamon rolls. With each spiral roll, unroll the dough about half way and roll the now unrolled end up into a small spiral. You will end up with two small circles at each end of the strip of dough.
Do I have to use the Grand sized cinnamon rolls?
No, you can use the smaller version. You will just end up with smaller cinnamon rolls. Just be sure to pick the dough that is rolled into a spiral.
Any tips for easy clean up?
You can use parchment paper to line the backing sheet for easy clean up.
How do I store any left over heart shaped cinnamon rolls?
Store any leftover cinnamon rolls in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. To reheat, place them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to warm them slightly.
- PILLSBURY CINNABON CINNAMON ROLLS
- RED FOOD COLORING
- RED SUGAR SPRINKLES
For more hear shaped recipes, try:
- Heart Shaped Glazed Doughnuts
- Heart Shaped Strawberry Puffs
- Double Chocolate Strawberry Topped Pancakes
- Simple Valentine’s Heart Cake for Two
Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 12.4 oz tube Pillsbury Grands Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
- 2-3 drops red food coloring
- red sugar sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open package of cinnamon rolls. With each roll, unroll the dough about half way and roll the now unrolled end up into a small spiral. You will end up with two small circles at each end of the strip of dough.
- Place the dough on the cookie sheet with the two circles touching each other to make the top of the heart.
- Pinch the loose dough in the center creating the point at the bottom of the heart. Continue this this each roll.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until golden brown.
- While the rolls bake, add the icing to a bowl and mix with the food coloring to make a pink frosting.
- Place frosting into a quart sized freezer back and set aside.
- Remove rolls from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Take bag of icing and snip off a corner of the bag creating a small hole to pipe the frosting on the rolls. Pipe frosting on rolls and sprinkle with red sugar sprinkles. Makes 8 heart shaped rolls.
Adapted from Cooking with Sugar.