This recipe is for all of you who need a really simple and fast dessert for Valentine’s. It’s great for last minute or if it’s been one of those days and you didn’t get to what you originally had planned. I adapted this Simple Valentine’s Heart Cake from an old issue of Woman’s Day magazine. You need two main ingredients – Twinkies and frozen raspberries, which you just may already have in your house. You heard me right, we are serving Twinkies for Valentine’s dessert. But we are gonna make them look special.
Ok, so if you have the Twinkies and the the raspberries, you need a few more items which you should have in your pantry. You will need sugar, cornstarch and some water. The thing that makes this special is you cut the Twinkies to make a cute heart shape and top them with a quick raspberry sauce. So easy, so cute, and yummy too. I even saw some banana filled Twinkies. That was the original Twinkie filling. It has a light hint of banana and would also work well for this.
Here are a list of other yummy treats for Valentine’s.
- Hot Fudge Pudding
- Chocolate Frosted Heart Cookies
- Easy Sugar Cookies (add some food coloring to the dough to make them pink)
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Homemade Oreos (color the filling pink or red)
- Sugar Cookies with Frosting
- Molten Lava Cakes
Simple Valentine's Heart Cake Dessert for Two
Real Mom Kitchen
- ⅛ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 Twinkies
- In a small sauce pan, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch. Whisk the water into the sugar mixture until well blended. Cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and gently stir in raspberries. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Cut Twinkies in half diagonally (A sharp diagonal), starting about 1 in. down from top left to 1 in. from bottom of opposite side. For each heart, put 2 halves together on 1 serving plate. Spoon raspberry mixture on top and around hearts.