This post contains affiliate links.
The strawberry enters yet again for another fabulous Valentines treat. This time it is accompanied by puff pastry along with a delectable pastry cream and some chocolate ganache. These heart shaped strawberry puffs look like you took a lot of time to make it but it really is quite simple. You can even make the pastry cream and cook the heart puffs ahead of time.
Can I just tell you how decadent this pastry cream is!!!!!! I can seriously eat this just buy the spoonful. To me, it is the star of this dish. And it is whipped together in no time by using a package of white chocolate instant pudding along with some cream and milk.
This pastry cream is awesome to use for so many other things too! Use it as a filling for pies, cream puffs, eclairs, crepes, etc. It is simple divine.
I used this Wilton heart cookie cutter to cut the hearts out but then used a knife to cut a deeper V in the top of the heart. If you don’t want to use the heart shape cookie cutter, then you can just cut each sheet into 9 squares instead.
Heart Shaped Strawberry Puffs
- 1 (17.3 oz box) puff pastry sheets, thawed according to pkg directions
- 1 (3.4-3.56 oz) pkg white chocolate instant pudding (I used Hershey’s)
- 1 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp whipping cream
- 1 cup slices strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400
- Unfold pastry sheets and cut 4 hearts out of each sheet using a cookie cutter or a paring knife.
- Place heart shapes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 400 degrees fro 10-12 minutes until golden. remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a bowl whip together pudding mix with 1 1/4 cup cream and 3/4 cup milk for 2 minutes and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- When ready to serve, place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 10 section intervals stirring after each one until chocolate is melted and combined with the cream.
- To serve, slice puff hearts in half, top the bottom half with a spoonful of cream followed by some strawberry slices. Top with top half of heart puff and drizzles with the melted chocolate. Makes 8 puffs.
Recipe adapted from Kitchen Simplicity
[…] Heart Shaped Strawberry Puffs Cupcakes with Strawberry Butterflies Waffled French Toast with Strawberry Butter Strawberry Sour Cream Ice Cream Ultimate Strawberry Lemonade Strawberry Banana Sorbet Oatmeal Brownie Strawberry Shortcakes Strawberry Cupcakes Fresh Strawberry and Lemon Mousse Trifle Strawberry Jam in a Jiffy […]