I shared how to make the perfect pie crust with you all yesterday. However, if making your own pie crust still stresses you out then today’s pie is for you. This Easy Puff Pastry Pie is made using store bought puff pastry. So no worries on the crust.
Then, you also need a can of pie filling. Really, it could not be any easier to make you own pie. Finally, you just need an egg and a little water and sugar to make the pie look pretty!
You really can not mess up this pie. It is no fail, I’m telling you. I personally like it with cherry pie filling, but apple or blueberry would also work well. Serve it up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, so tasty. This pie is also best if served the same day.
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 (17.3 oz) pkg. puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling (apple or blueberry work too)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat together egg and water, set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Unfold one sheet of puff pasty and place on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Top puff pastry with can of pie filling and spread with in 1 inch of the edges of the pastry. Brush the 1 inch edges with the egg mixture.
- Unfold the other sheet of puff pastry and place on top of the pie filling. Seal the edges of the pastry together by crimping with a fork. Brush the top of the pie with the egg mixture and cut several slits in the top of the pie. The sprinkle the top of the pie with the 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Pepperidge Farm.