We love to eat at a place called Cafe Zupas. It is a delicious place to go for soup, salad, and sandwiches. I have shared other copy cat recipes with you before. Both my husband and daughter always get their Wisconsin cauliflower cheese soup when we got there. The soup is a creamy blended soup has cauliflower and cheddar cheese as parto of the base.
The base also includes butter, onion, garlic, flow, half and half, milk, water, and chicken broth. In addition to the cheddar cheese, there is also a little pepper jack added in there for added flavor in addition to some Dijon mustard.
Since this is a blended soup, You need to blend the whole thing with an immersion blender or a regular blender. The immersion blender is the easiest to use if you have one. If not, you can blend it in a blender in batches. However, remember to crack the lid while you blend it. If not, you will probably end up with a soup explosion. No one wants that.
The other fun thing with this Wisconsin cauliflower cheese soup is you can top it with various toppings. Additional shredded cheese, bacon, croutons, french fried onions, or green onion are all good options.Print
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
- 1 head (1 1/2 pounds) cauliflower cut into 1in chunks
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Add in cauliflower and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Stir in mustard and cheeses. Heat until melted and smooth. Serves 4-6.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: copy cat
This recipe is adapted from Butter with a Side of Bread.