The base is comprised of beef broth, V8 Juice, and crushed tomatoes. I used Original V8 juice when I made this. However, next time I want to try it with the spicy version for even more flavor for this soup.
As far as veggies go, this is a nice amount in here. You have onion, celery, garlic, potatoes, carrots, and peas. There is also cook ground beef. However, it doesn’t end there. There is also the addition of long grained whie rice. See, I told you this soup was nice and hearty. I love how quick this Instant Pot vegetable beef and rice soup comes together. It only takes 4 minutes on high pressure!
Since there is only 3 of us living at home now. There was enough for us all to have leftovers one day for lunch. The soup does kind of soak up the moisture as it sits in the fridge. Just add a little water to it when it you heat it and and you’ll be good.Print
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 diced onion
- 1 rib diced celery
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 (14 oz) cans beef broth
- 1 (14 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (12 oz) bottle Original or Spicy Hot V8 juice
- 1/2 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 large potato, peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled then sliced into thin coins
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat Instant Pot sauté. Add ground beef and cook until browned. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels and remove any excess grease.
- Add oil to the pot. Add onion and celery and saute about 5 minutes until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Turn off saute mode.
- Add in the beef broth, tomatoes, V8 juice, rice, potatoes, carrots, peas, and browned ground beef. Stir to combine. Place lid on and make sure it is set to sel. Cook on manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release. Stir in the salt and pepper to taste. Serve 6.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted Pressure Cooking Today.