Bacon weaves it’s smoky salty charm into this tasty tortellini bacon ranch salad. It is hearty enough to please everyone around your dinner table. My husband had no complaints about this salad for a summer dinner.
Not only is this salad comprised of cheese filled tortellini. I used the frozen variety. This tortellini bacon ranch salad also includes a whole pound of bacon and chunks of cheddar cheese. However, we felt there was too much cheese in it. I recommend reducing it by half and mixing in some diced tomatoes. I think the tomatoes will be an awesome addition.
Then you have that rich and creamy ranch dressing. This is made from a mixture of sour cream, mayonnaise, buttermilk, and dry ranch dressing mix. It’s better than dressing from a bottle and coats the tortellini so well. MIx it with all the other undgredients and give this salad a few hours to chill out in the fridge. This will be a cool and refreshing way to enjoy pasta in the hot summer or to share as a side dish at a bbq.
- FROZEN CHEESE TORTELLINI
- SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE
- SOUR CREAM
- RANCH DRESSING MIX
- I RECOMMEND SOME TOMATOES
- OPTIONAL PASLEY FOR GARNISH
Tortellini Bacon Ranch Salad
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 20 oz package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 8 oz block of sharp cheddar cheese cubed
- 1 lb thick cut bacon cooked crisp & roughly chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tbsp Ranch dressing mix
- 3 tbsp buttermilk
- Cook the tortellini according to the package instructions. Strain, and run under cold water gently tossing until cool to the touch. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the sour cream, mayo, Ranch mix, and buttermilk. Whisk together until the sauce is smooth.
- Transfer the tortellini to a serving bowl. Add the sauce, stirring until the pasta’s evenly coated.
- Add in the bacon & cheese, tossing until evenly combined.
- Serve immediately, or cover & refrigerate a couple hours until the pasta salad’s chilled through.
Recipe adapted from 4 Sons R Us.