This fiesta ranch chicken salad is one of my new favorite salads. This makes enough for a crowd or you can half the recipe for family dinner.
I like to use a spring mix for the greens in this salad. However, feel free to use what ever type you like. Romaine would also be delicious.
Next up is the chicken. You just need 2 cooked chicken breasts. Cook them however you like. On the grill is great. Or feel free to use some rotisserie chicken to make things easy.
This salad is full of all kinds of good stuff. There is a good amount of veggies including corn, red pepper, orange pepper, carrots, red onion, and grape tomatoes. There is also cheese and cilantro in there too. Now, the special ingredient in this salad is honey bbq Fritos. If you are buying the actual brand name Fritos they are sprial shaped. However, I used a bag of the Great Value version and they are shaped like the traditional fritos.
Lastly is the dressing for this salad. It is amazing! I have even made it now for other things beyond this salad. The secret is to use a package of HIdden Valley Ranch fiesta ranch dip mix for the dressing. It makes a delicious ranch dressing with a kick!Print
- 10 cups Spring Mix (about half of a 16 oz container)
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange pepper, sliced
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups Honey BBQ Spiral Fritos
- 1 (1.1 oz) pkg Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch Mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- In a large salad bowl or platter, place the greens. Then arrange to vegetables and cheese in piles over the greens. Then arrange the Fritos around the edges of the salad just before serving. This will keep them crunchy. You can prepare the salad the same way if making individual salads in salad bowls or plates.
- In a blender bottle, add all of the dress ingredients and shake until well blended. Or you may put all of the indreients in a bowl and whisk together. I like to give the dressing at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator before using. Serves 12.
This recipe is adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up.