Today is taco Tuesday and I am sharing yet another way to serve up those beloved tacos. I have so many options on the blog and these taco topped cornbread waffles are defintely a welcomed addition to my collection.
The waffle it self is simple to make. The begin with a couple box of Jiffy corn muffin mix. The you mix in some egg, milk, and melted butter. Then you cook the batter in a waffle maker. This is much faster than when you make traidtional cornbread.
Next up is the taco meat. I like to include some beans in mine. Once the beef is cooked up, you mix in a can of chili beans. I use mild for my family. You also add in a little taco seasoning. Simmer it for a few minutes and you are set.
Now, it’s time to assemble your taco topped cornbread waffles. Place a waffle on the plate and top it with a scoop of the taco meat. Next is the toppings. We used shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, dour cream, salsa, and guacamole. However feel free to use the taco toppings that your family prefers.Print
- For the conbread waffles:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 (8.5 oz) pkgs Jiffy Corn muffin mix
- For the taco meat:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 (16 oz) can chili beans (I used mild pinto beans)
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, salsa, and guacamole
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and butter. Add the corn muffin mixes and stir until combined. Set aside.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef and drain off any excess grease. Mix in the taco seasoning and chili beans. Allow to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Use the cornbread batter to make waffles according to your waffles makeers instructions. My waffle iron uses 1/2 cup of batter.
- Serve waffles warm, topped with the taco meat and desired toppings. Makes 8 sservings.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mexican
This recipe is adapted from My Food and Family.