This week it’s time to celebrate for several reasons. First, Spring is finally here in Utah and I think it is here to stay (fingers crossed). Then tomorrow happens to be my 3 year blogoversary. I know hard it’s to believe it has been that long! Last is that Easter is this Sunday! Aren’t these some terrific reasons to celebrate! So today were are starting off the celebration with these yummy Spring Celebration Brownies.
I must say they are a terrific combination. It all starts with a thick, moist, fudge brownie base, followed by a layer of sweet, sticky, ooey gooey marshmallow. Next you add some M&M candies to them with beautiful pastel colored crunchy candy coatings. Then you finish it all off with a little drizzle of chocolate ganache! Spring heaven I am telling you! You will love them. Plus a brownie mix helps make it a breeze to make these tasty morsels.
I also have a giveaway for you to start of this celebration week off so be sure to hop on over to the giveaway page to enter. The prize is another fun way to help you celebrate Spring.
Now to give you a run down of the celebration will continue for rest of the week:
- Tuesday – I’ll have a yummy cupcake recipe to celebrate my blogiversary with along with another giveaway!
- Wednesday – I’ll share a dish I created for Hunt’s that is a yummy way to transition from Winter to Spring and there will be another giveaway!
- Thursday – I will give you a new recipe along with some oldies but goodies to use up those hard boiled Easter eggs.
- Friday – Is all be about ham. So if you have any Easter leftovers you’ll know exactly how to serve them up.
- Saturday – Will be a fun Fab Five post!
- 1 (1 lb 2.3 oz) fudge brownie mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup pastel-colored candy-coated chocolate candies
- 3 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cream
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan).
- Line a 9-inch square pan with foil allowing it to hang over two sides of the pan. Spray the bottom only with cooking spray.
- Bake brownies as directed on box for 9 inch pan size (about 38 minutes).
- Sprinkle with marshmallows and return to the oven for a few more minutes until marshmallows are puffy.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with candies. You can just throw them on or take the time like I did to make sure the colors were evenly distributed along making sure that the plain side of each candy was facing up.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chips and cream uncovered on High for 10 seconds and stir. Microwave in 5 second intervals, stirring each time until chips and melted.
- Drizzle over bars. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours. Remove brownies from pan using the foil. Using a knife sprayed with non-stick cooking spray cute brownies into 4 x 4 rows. This works best if you have a knife that is as wide or wider than the pan of brownies. Makes 16 brownies.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.