I love a good chicken tacos. Making them in the slow cooker is the easiest way to make them. These slow cooker chicken tacos are even better because they include queso!
Now, this chicken is well seasoned with taco seasoning, Ro*tel, green chiles, and chicken broth. This is all of what the chicken cooks in. After it finishes cooking, you drain off most of the cooking liquid, shred the chicken, and mix in the jarred queso.
This is a great meal to serve around Halloween.The queso gives the chicken a nice orange color. Then, you can serve it in crisp blue corn tortillas. The blue corn almost looks black. It’s a fun and festive way to change up taco night.
Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Tacos
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 10 oz can of Rotel with lime juice and cilantro or mild Rotel
- 1 4 oz can mild diced green chiles
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup salsa con queso
- taco shells - hard or soft
- favorite toppings – lettuce tomato, onions, sour cream, guacamole, fresh lime, cilantro, etc
- Add chicken in single layer to the slow cooker. Sprinkle chicken evenly with taco seasoning. Add in the Rotel, green chiles and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove excess liquid from the slow cooker leaving just a little behind. Shred chicken using two forks. Add in the queso and gently mix with chicken, coating chicken evenly. Cover and cook on low for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with tortillas and your favorite taco toppings.