A pork roast gets seasoned with a store bought rub and placed in a slow cooker. It cooks all day and then gets pulled or shredded.
Then you can serve it as is. However, I like to serve it on a bun, drizzle it with a little bbq sauce, and top it with coleslaw. You can purchase coleslaw from your local deli or I have a couple of recipes for easy coleslaw – shockingly simple coleslaw and pineapple coleslaw.
- 4–6 lb pork roast
- McCormick Grill Mates Sweet & Smokey Rub (comes in 4.76 oz container)
- buns, coleslaw, and bbq sauce (optional)
- Rub roast with a couple of tablespoons of the rub until well coated.
- Place roast in the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove roast from the crock pot and pull apart or shred. If desired, serve on buns, drizzle with bbq sauce, and top with coleslaw.
Recipe adapted from Sweet Little Bluebird.