I do love a good beef roast. I love it even more when I can make it with little effort. This simple crock pot roast and gravy is just that. I was shocked at how amazing this tasted with just a few ingredients.
This also made enough for the 3 of us to have 2 meals from it. We had one with the roast served with mashed potatoes. The over meal I used it for hot roast beef sandwiches.
All you need the make this simple crock pot roast with gravy is a beef roast, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and beef broth. Season the roasts with the seasonings and place it in the crock pot. Pour the beef broth around the roast and then let it cook on low for 6-8 hours. I think the longer the better.
Then after it cooks you can make gravy from the juices. You can use a slurry of cornstarch and water or flour and water. My family prefers it when I make the gravy with the flour and water slurry. I do also add just a little browning sauce. At this point you just taste the gravy and see if it needs additional salt. You have a delicious meal in not time thanks to the slow cooker. It does all the work while you are at work!Print
- 2–3 lb beef chuck roast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) beef broth
- slurry of either flour and water or cornstarch and water, **see notes
- Sprinkle roast with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add to the crock pot and pour the beef broth around the roast.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until beef easily shreds with a fork. Remove roast from the crockpot and shred beef.
- To prepare the gravy, add the juices from the crock pot to a sauce pan. Cook until hot. Slowly add in a slurry of water and flour or water and cornstarch. Add enough to reach the desired consistency. Serve with the roast.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Recipe is adapted from Love Bakes Good Cakes.