M-i-s-s-i-s-s-i-p-p-i. Today, I am sharing a simple recipe for Mississippi Roast! This roast is full of flavor and is made by spending all day in the slow cooker.
You only need 5 ingredients for this roast – a beef roast, a stick of butter (I did the whole thing but I think you could get by with 1/2 a stick), a packet of Au Jus, a packet of ranch dressing, and 6 pepperoncini peppers.
Now, I was told that the pepperoncini is what makes this roast. It did make the meat taste delicious. However, I used the juices left in the crock pot to make gravy and I didn’t like the taste it gave the gravy. So next time, I will use 2 or none at all if I want to make gravy. The meat by itself would be excellent to serve on sandwiches.
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 ½ pound beef chuck roast
- 1 pkt ranch dressing mix
- 1 pkt Au Jus mix
- ½ cup butter I think you could reduce in half and still be good
- 6 pepperoncini peppers found in a bottle on the pickle isle I recommend reducing the pepperoncini down to 2 or not using them if you want to make gravy
- Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the ranch dressing mix and au jus mix over the roast.
- Place the butter on top of the roast along with the pepperoncini. If needed place what pepperoncini don't fit on top around the roast.
- Bake on low for 8 hours. I used the remaining juices to make gravy, just skim off what fat you can and thicken. I use a slurry of water and flour.
Recipe adapted from Berge Central.